Holidays are a great time for spas and salons to use marketing tactics to drive new business. Holidays are times when customers are out spending money, but you have to market your business effectively for them to notice you amidst the hustle-and-bustle of the season. Creating a holiday special or promotion is a great way to get the attention of customers, and since holidays are reoccurring, you can earn repeat business year after year.
• New Year’s Day — For retailers, New Year’s is the “dry season” as customers have used all their money on Christmas gifts. In the health and beauty industry, however, New Year’s is a great time for marketing. Personal wellness is a high priority at the start of a new year, so offer a “New Year, New You” special that gets new customers into your business and off to a good start for the upcoming season.
• Valentine’s Day — Valentine’s Day is a great time for couples’ specials. Men’s grooming is an industry that’s been booming, and if the lady comes along as well men are more-likely to visit your location. Create a His-and-Her package that can be used to impress that special someone.
• Mother’s Day — What better way to show Mom you care than by offering her a chance to feel beautiful? By creating a special Mother’s Day offer, you’re showing moms that you care about them, and you’re helping the children (and husbands!) find that perfect gift.
• Thanksgiving/Black Friday — Without a doubt, Black Friday is a stressful shopping day. Use this to your advantage—have your own Black Friday packages that customers can purchase to unwind after a long, exhausting day of shopping!
• Christmas — Everyone’s received a bad Christmas gift before. You know—the cheesy holiday sweater that you’ll never wear, or the multi-pack of socks that you need but don’t really want. Market your spa or salon packages as a unique gift that everyone will want to find under the tree!