Before Attaching Your Flexible Magnetic Sign:
- Place your magnets on a refrigerator door for at least 24 hours to flatten and re-magnetize them.
- Be sure all surface paints, clear coats and waxes are cured or hardened. Paint takes a minimum of 90 days to cure; clear coat a minimum of 60 days.
- The vehicle should be clean and dry before attaching the sign.
- For maximum adherence, the magnetic material must make direct contact with a metal surface. Any body panel that is made of plastic, fiberglass, carbon fiber, etc., or covered in another material like Bondo Putty or vinyl car wraps will not work with magnetic signs.
- Make sure the area to which you apply your magnet is completely-flat. Placing a magnetic sign over a curve, crease, bump, or trim piece on the body of the vehicle could create an air pocket, causing the magnet to fly off the vehicle.